I’m Ashley. Those who know me well would say that I’m fairly driven when it comes to serving organizations and initiatives that I’m passionate about. Okay, fairly driven is probably an understatement. In reality I’m a pretty fierce community builder and advocate for youth, women, and people of color. I also love helping people get their lives together by teaching them to get organized and work more efficiently. Below find a quick run down of my coolest past experiences, awards, volunteer activities, and media features.
Click the links to learn more about each gig…
- Founder of www.CurlyInCollege.com: A lifestyle brand and online destination for students seeking the latest news on natural hair care and related lifestyle trends. I work with brand partners and manage student leaders who run our on-campus chapters across the country as they help their peers navigate a life with curls on campus.
- PR/Marketing Consultant, primarily for Herd Strategies. An award-winning full service, integrated marketing and communications agency headquartered in Indianapolis, IN. At Herd I use digital tools to create innovative social media strategies that help clients cultivate meaningful relationships with audience members and elevate their brand both on and offline.
- #OrganizedAshley is a branch of my consulting firm that aims to help women create physical and mental *space* in their lives so they have room to design a life they love and actually live it! Sign up for my email list to join our community and also get organizing and productivity tips from me in my e-newsletter.
- School Community & Parent Coordinator for Indianapolis Public Schools, United Way’s Bridges to Success Program, and the Community Alliance of the Far Eastside. With their backing I was able to help families stabilize their home life so students could come to school feeling safe, well fed, clothed, and ready to learn.
- Operations Manager + Community Curator for MatchBOX Coworking Studio: Worked to transform a small town in Indiana into a premier destination where you’ll want to launch your technology startup.
- Program Associate for digitalundivided: Worked to expand the tech pipeline by managing existing outreach initiatives and developed new ones. At DID, my goal was to increase the number of urban entrepreneurs in the digital space.
- Assistant Director in Purdue’s Office of Admissions: Supported high school students and their families through the college admissions process at a Big10 University.
- Co-Founder of Bloom: Where Girls Go To Grow: A personal development pop-up workshop series that helps young girls demonstrate their capacity for leadership.
- Founder of the Black Professionals of Greater Lafayette: A group hosted on meetup.com that connects and celebrates over 150 black professionals living in and around the Greater Lafayette community.
- Founder of the Black Thought Collective: An intellectual ensemble and think thank housed at the award winning Black Cultural Center at Purdue University.
- Top 10 Under 40
- YWCA Woman of Distinction
- Purdue Alumni Association’s Outstanding Young Alumni
- Top Mover + Shaker in Greater Lafayette
- Volunteer of the Year for the Indiana Black Expo
- 101 Connector for NE Indiana
- Gave Ted Talk at TedxLafayette on “Coworking: The Cure For Isolated Entrepreneurs”
- Moderator at SXSW 2014 for Panel Discussion titled “digitalundivided: from the “valley” to the “hood”
- Chamber of Commerce Panel Discussion on Young Professional Recruitment & Retention in Greater Lafayette 11/12/13
- “Event Planning” workshop facilitator for Purdue’s annual Student Leaders Retreat at Camp Tecumseh.
- Panelist during the “We Are Leaders: Becoming a Self-Sufficient Leader in a 21st Century Economy” breakout session during Purdue’s Empowering and Cultivating Emerging Leaders conference. Read a quick review of the confrence here.
- 2012 Indiana ACT Conference panelist presenting on “The Use of Skype and Social Media in the College Admissions Process”
- “PR in Action” lecture to undergraduate communications course
- “Personal Branding” lecture to undergraduate human & family service course
- Women In Leadership Conference Presenter, Purdue University
- PRSSA Student Com Day Conference Presenter, Purdue University
- YWCA Woman Of Distinction Video Recognition
- Google “MatchBOX Ashley Scott” for more articles and click here for videos…
- March 2012 I was featured in Purdue’s staff newsletter and on the University Homepage for Women’s History Month.
- July 2012 in Fort Wayne, Indiana I presented an original traveling workshop called “Being Curly in College” – available upon request
- WLFI-TV18 feature on the Black Professionals of Greater Lafayette. Click here.
- I was featured in the newspaper for the Black Professionals of Greater Lafayette. Click here.