When you’re trying to downsize your lifestyle and get organized, ask yourself – what is one product I can use to solve multiple problems or provide a variety of storage solutions? It might take some time to find the perfect multi-use products to fit your needs but once you find something that allows you to *replace* multiple products with one item – trust me, you’ll feel like a winner!
A example of this would be – Mason Jars. I know that Mason Jars are very trendy right now, but its a trend I don’t see dying down anytime soon. Particularly because of how useful they are! Mason jars are not just for canning anymore…
My mason jars can be spotted as:
- a container for my morning smoothies
- transportation container for soups, oatmeal, and other food items that would otherwise require a bowl or cup
- vase for a small bundle of flowers
- desk supply holder
- laundry and bathroom supply holder (think cotton balls, q.tips, etc.)
- tool organizer for the garage
- dry good storage (for example, I keep my dry chia seeds in this instead of a bag)
- trail mix container
- and of course for jams, fresh pickles, etc.
So basically I have very few standard size containers for leftovers and other items because of my ability to re-use mason jars. I purchased a 12 pack about one year ago and only have a handful of other larger containers for meats, salads, and other food items that I make and store in large portions.
Mason jars help me in my quest to avoid “Tupperware”. I’m very careful about how much food I store over the course of a week (because I usually don’t eat leftovers beyond 2 days) and don’t have a ton of cabinet space so cluttering it with containers is pointless.
Instead, I’m slowly replacing all my cheap containers with glass, I bought (and love) mason jars, and yeah – life is good!
What are you favorite multi-use products?